Friday, January 15, 2010

Hastings Race and Poverty Law Journal Special Issue on CCC is out



(click on pictures to enlarge)

Today I got my copies of the newest issue of the Hastings Race and Poverty Law Journal, devoted to the California correctional Crisis. The issue features several articles and notes regarding different aspects of the crisis, as well as a series of shorter informational pieces highlighting issues such as sentencing, alternative adjudication, parole, risk and release, reentry, and, of course, the medical crisis. The issue builds on the conference we held in March 2009.



My own piece, Humonetarianism: The New Correctional Discourse of Scarcity, builds on insights developed during my writing for this blog, for the San Francisco Bay Guardian, and for the Daily Journal. I welcome comments and thoughts on it.

No comments: